For our 9th Birthday, we're excited to share the valuable insights we've gained throughout our journey so far.
This July, FullCRM is turning 9! Our team is celebrating nine years of collaboration, fun and continuous improvement as a trusted partner within the Salesforce ecosystem.
It’s been an incredible journey and we are grateful for the support of our clients and partners who have been with us along the way.
To reflect on the past nine years, we would like to share 9 pieces of wisdom to get the most value out of your Salesforce investment.
If you wish to leverage these insights in your system, get in touch with our team now.
1. Every system and implementation is different
Each Salesforce journey is unique, so it is important to remember that your success story is going to form a unique path. Focus on achieving value for your business by understanding how your systems are set up and then configure Salesforce to match these needs. The more Salesforce reflects these current business goals, the more value it will generate over the long term. To prepare for a successful implementation, here are the FullCRM team’s top 8 considerations to drive more value out of your investment.
2. Salesforce is endlessly configurable
There are countless ways to configure Salesforce, and discovering the perfect fit tailored to your business requirements will power the implementation journey. A good place to begin is to identify the key areas of your business that will generate the highest value for the majority of users, allowing you to concentrate your configuration efforts strategically.
Alternatively, if any aspect of your system falls short of your expectations, it can be reconfigured. A system that is continually updated to reflect its business requirements will generate value over the long term.
3. Invest the necessary time to identify a trusted consulting partner
A good consulting partner will get you the most value out of your implementation and guide you in configuring your system. However, the process of finding a reliable partner can be overwhelming for new businesses looking to invest in Salesforce.
It is important to look for a partner that specialises in an industry that reflects reflects yours. This partner will possess sufficient skills in understanding industry challenges and tailor a solution to overcome them.
Strive for a partner that will continually recommend ways to get the most value out of your salesforce investment. To ease the search, our team has collated some essential resources to find a consulting partner.
4. Leverage Apps from the Salesforce AppExchange
The Salesforce AppExchange is an online marketplace for applications that plug into your Salesforce instance – similar to the iPhone’s App Store or Android’s Google Play Store.
Installing apps is a great way to add functionality and streamline your sales process without having to do any custom development of your own. Apps can increase user adoption, present information in a visual format, streamline a workflow or improve the aesthetics of an org.
Explore our firsthand list of the top 10 paid Salesforce apps to enhance your CRM capabilities and drive exceptional results!
5. Personalise your Lightning App Navigation Menu in the Salesforce
Customise your navigation bar to suit the unique way you work. Add, reorder, rename or remove items that are needed to maximise your work efficiency without the need to continually use drop-down features to navigate between functions.
Increase your accuracy and productivity when completing tasks with this simple navigation adjustment.
6. Streamline your workflow with customised List Views
Create good, useful list views to save time locating the information you need and avoid endless scrolling.
Admin-created list views vs user-created views.
- Set permissions to empower your team with global views and remove the possibility for users to accidentally edit filters and fields.
- Give the ability for users to create their own personal views and be proactive in registering feedback for global views that could benefit all
Utilise the MY vs ALL data filters.
- Save time creating individual user leads by instead creating “My Leads” to be filtered by the owner of each user.
Take advantage of the extra view features.
- Kanban vs Table vs Split view – view the same information in different formats for better understanding. Pin your favourite view for a more efficient workflow.
- Inline Editing – mass update records using inline editing. Don’t forget, if you have Record Types, you need to filter by a type in order to inline edit.
- Graphs – generate simple pie/bar charts to summarise list view details for quick glance information.
- Custom Actions – add custom actions that can update one or multiple records.
- Columns can be ordered alphabetically or in time order. Additionally, wrap or clip text for long text fields that can’t easily be viewed on one screen.
- Colour and movement in views to showcase key details.
7. Integrate Opportunity Teams and Account Teams
Break down silos and increase visibility between internal teams with out-of-the-box Opportunity teams and Account teams functionality.
Opportunity teams feature the ability to indicate all parties who contribute to a deal on an opportunity record. Ensure collaboration to better prepare with role setting, individual access rights and clear responsibilities. Promote best practices by eliminating duplicate opportunity records and organisational transparency when working with your team.
Similarly, account teams indicate the users working together on an account. With different levels of visibility, accounts can be hidden or revealed depending on a user’s inclusion in an account team. Grant complete focus and encourage collaboration with clear indicators of user involvement and role responsibilities.
8. Empower your sales team with cutting-edge sales tools
Empower your sales teams to boost productivity and close more deals by integrating the use of readily available Salesforce tools. The Salesforce Pipeline Inspection tool has recently become available for every user with a Sales Cloud licence. Utilise a unique report view available from an opportunity page where sales teams can find AI-driven data about sales metrics. Simplify their sales methodology by viewing pipeline, stage of deal opportunities, week-to-week changes, close date predictions and upcoming activities from a single page.
With this intelligence, sales teams can focus on the most important opportunities and forecast revenue more accurately.
9. Utilise Trailhead and other learning resources
Trailhead allows individuals, teams, and companies to learn Salesforce skills to better understand and use their CRM. To get the most value out of a Salesforce investment, we always encourage users to invest in learning how to use the Salesforce CRM. When a user is more confident in using the software, they are more knowledgeable on how they can generate value for their team.
To begin the journey of learning, we recommend starting with the following modules: