Is your inbox flooded with AI-related emails, and does your LinkedIn feed seem to be constantly abuzz with AI discussions? Us too!
Even though it seems like everyone is talking about it, there’s still a lot of mystery surrounding artificial intelligence and how to effectively harness its power for your business.
Given all the excitement, our team decided now would be the perfect time to put together a beginner’s guide based on the questions we are receiving about AI. This guide aims to help you navigate the world of AI with ease.
What is the difference between Generative AI and Predictive AI?
There are two different approaches within the field of artificial intelligence that serve distinct purposes:
Generative AI focuses on generating new data or content – whether it is text, images audio or other types of media. It is designed to create original content not directly derived from existing data.
- Generating human-like text – creative writing or even code
- Music generation – composing music or new melodies
- Image generation – creating realistic images and artwork
Predictive AI, on the other hand, focuses on making predictions or forecasts based on existing data. It uses historical data and patterns to make informed predictions about future events or outcomes.
- Weather forecasting – predicting future weather conditions based on historical weather data
- Stock price prediction – forecasting the future prices of stocks based on historical market data
- Customer churn prediction – identifying which customers are likely to leave a service or product based on their past behaviour
As each type of AI serves a different purpose, we believe it is important to incorporate both generative and predictive models within your business allowing you to harness the strengths of both types to enhance overall business operations.
What are the Salesforce AI features?
While artificial intelligence is currently a trending topic, Salesforce has been actively developing AI features since 2016 when it introduced Salesforce Einstein.
Derived from a saying by Albert Einstein “Out of complexity, find simplicity”, Salesforce Einstein is not one singular product but a technical layer that is woven into their products across sales, service, marketing and more to help surface key insights, streamline operations, and provide excellent customer service.
What sets Salesforce Einstein apart from other AI solutions is its simplicity – it eliminates the need for data preparation and model management. Your users need to input the data into Salesforce and the features powered by Einstein will leverage this to generate valuable customer insights.
For a breakdown of what Einstein features are available, you can find a comprehensive list here.
What are the trending AI features from Salesforce?
This year Salesforce has been strongly committed to enhancing AI, with its primary objective being to make it accessible to its customers.
The latest features for Sales and Service that have been made generally available are:
Einstein GPT for Sales:
- Sales assistant – summarises every step in the sales cycle for you such as meeting prep, drafting contract clauses and keeping your CRM up to date.
- Sales emails – auto-generate personalised emails for every customer interaction based on your CRM data.
Einstein GPT for Service:
- Service replies – auto-generate personalised real-time case responses
- Work summaries – create wrap-up summaries of service cases and customer engagements based on case data and customer history
- Knowledge – Create and update knowledge articles based on the latest real-time data from support interactions
- Mobile work briefings – prepare field service teams for each appointment by summarising critical information before they arrive
What AI features come out of the box with my Salesforce license?
With well over 50+ AI-driven Einstein products – it can be challenging to know what you have access to straight away. Some Einstein features are free and available to all editions, some can be purchased as an add-on to your license and some require a specific edition of Salesforce.
If you would like to explore what features are available to you – please fill in your details below and someone from our team will be in touch
You can also join us for an upcoming event, where we will be discussing the Salesforce Unlimited edition and what AI features are available to this license.
When should I start using AI within my business?
Incorporating AI into your business process can offer a significant competitive advantage, so you should start maximising it straight away!
A great starting point would be to turn on any of the AI features that come free with your Salesforce licence some examples are;
- Einstein activity capture
- Einstein opportunity score
- Einstein Search
We also recommend creating an AI strategy if your business doesn’t already have one in place. When crafting this strategy, it is crucial to assess how AI can benefit your entire organisation.
Here are some considerations when creating an AI strategy:
- Take into account the needs of each business unit.
- Identify high-priority workflows.
- Define specific use cases in detail.
- Avoid implementing AI in a purely ad-hoc manner.
- Consider trust and risk management tools
Do you need help?
If you find yourself unsure about where to begin or require assistance, engaging a consulting partner such as Fullcrm can be invaluable.
We can help you:
- Evaluate what features AI align best for your business.
- Establish the essential implementation steps.
- Work in conjunction with your administrator to ensure a successful rollout and optimal utilisation.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us today to get started on your AI journey.